Thursday, February 16, 2012

Stolen Nikon Gear

Last Saturday (11th Feb 12) I was at the Nikon NPS roadshow in Dublin. I got the invitation when buying the new Nikon D800E at Berminghams (thank you!).

At the show Nikon had in loads of lenses big and small, a few coolpix cameras and a few DSLR cameras, including one (or maybe two) new D4 and one D800.
I was lucky enough to be able to handle the D800 for a couple of minutes and really liked the feel of it on my hands. Can't wait to get mine in March/April. :)

Anyway, as you many know by now, the shocking news is that pretty much all the gear that Nikon had on show was stolen from a van that same evening!

I read it first on nikonrumors.com and they quoted as their source the photographers.ie website.

So beware of cheap Nikon stock over the next while... all the serial numbers are available here.

JL

No comments:

Post a Comment